This policy has been approved by the SNACC Executive Committee (September 4, 2013).
SNACC supports the use of social media to reinforce the mission of the Society. As such Society of Neuroscience in Anesthesia and Critical Care (SNACC) social media can perform a valuable educational function through postings informing and discussing about:
- Scientific abstracts and reports
- Sources of educational material
- SNACC-relevant news,
- Clinical conundrums, and
- Opinion related to the scientific basis and clinical practice of neuroanesthesia.
However, SNACC is aware that there may be misuse, inadvertent and otherwise, of social media and thus promulgates this policy on social media used on behalf of SNACC and using the SNACC name and logo to indicate affiliation of a given social medium with SNACC. It is important to understand that posting material on a SNACC social media site should not use the conventions of normal informal conversation but, rather, is a helpful writtenformal platform for exchange of information, ideas, and opinion relevant to the mission of SNACC.
- SNACC social media sites are intended to be used only for matters relevant to the field of neuroscience in anesthesiology and critical care and are not to be used for personal or other matters.
- The opinions and views expressed by users on SNACC social media platforms, including, but not limited to, our Linked-In page and FaceBook, represent the thoughts of individual users and online communities, and are not expressions of or endorsed by SNACC or any of its directors, officers, partners, representatives or affiliates.
- SNACC makes reasonable efforts to monitor and/or moderate content posted on its social media platforms.
SNACC reserves the sole right to review, block and/or delete posted material, in whole or in part, immediately and without notice. Examples of comments that may be deleted or blocked include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about another participant or a non-participant;
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion or solicitation of events, groups, pages, Web sites, organizations, products and programs not specifically approved by SNACC);
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (for example, including but not limited to racial, ethnic or gender bashing language; even if intended to be humorous);
- Comments that advocate, sanction, or encourage any illegal activity;
- Comments that violate or encourage violation of any applicable local, state, or national laws or regulations;
- Comments that misrepresent one’s affiliation or relationship with a person or entity, or that are otherwise false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- Comments that represent to indicate the standard of practice in a hospital or health system without formal approval of the hospital or health system.
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e., making negative personal or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticizing his/her posting, opinion or comments; and
- Comments that violate the privacy of any individual or group; and
- Comments that seek to advertise or promote specific products or services.
- SNACC further reserves the sole right to, immediately and without notice, limit, suspend, or terminate any individual user’s ability to post content to any SNACC social media platform. SNACC will not be liable in any way for its action or inaction in this regard.
- Material posted on any SNACC social media platform is provided for informational purposes only. Such information is not intended to be personal medical advice and should not be considered personal medical advice, nor is it intended to replace consultation with a qualified physician or other health care provider.
- SNACC makes no representations or guarantees of any kind regarding the content or scientific support for the accuracy of information posted on any SNACC social media platform. SNACC’s moderation of social media is intended as a service to protect SNACC and ensure that users can be assured that all SNACC social media postings have been reviewed as appropriate and non-offensive. Note, therefore, that this moderation does not constitute formal peer review and the scientific accuracy of SNACC social media postings is not assured by SNACC. Thus, SNACC will not be liable for damages of any kind based on or in any way related to any SNACC social media platform, the monitoring or moderation (or lack thereof) of any content thereon, or the use of any information posted thereon.
- All links to other web sites found linked from any SNACC social media platform are provided as a service to readers, but such linkage does not constitute endorsement of those sites, or their links, by SNACC, and as such SNACC is not responsible for the content of external web sites. In addition, the use by any person of any such link is at such person’s sole discretion and risk, and SNACC shall not be liable for any consequences arising out of the use of such link.
- By submitting content to any SNACC social media platform, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that SNACC may display and use this information for internal and external promotional purposes, and fundraising purposes. Please note that other participants may use your posted information beyond the control of the posting individual and beyond the control of SNACC. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via this site used, published, copied and/or reprinted, please do not post on these sites.
- All material posted on this page is not protected by copyright and can be used by others under the terms of the Creative Commons License. Posting of material which is already under another person’s or entity’s copyright is not permitted without prior written permission. However, users can and should refer to copyrighted material using standard academic citation procedures.
- If you believe that content or material posted on any SNACC social media platform infringes upon your intellectual property rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.