During week four, the trainee will expand upon foundational knowledge to include management of patients undergoing specialty procedures and effect of preexisting disease on patients undergoing neurosurgery. The trainee will:
- Discuss intraoperative management of patients undergoing DBS placement.
- Understand the effect of preexisting disease on management of patients undergoing neurosurgical procedures.
- Fellow and Resident Audio Corner- SNACC (Anesthesia for Deep Brain Stimulator Placement, July 2017)
- Deep Brain Stimulation for Parkinson’s Disease PBLD
- Fellows’ and Residents’ Audio Corner – SNACC (Anesthetic Management in a Patient with Traumatic Brain Injury Coming for Non-Neurologic Surgery, April 2018)
- Quiz 39: Hepatic disease and neuroanesthesia quiz
- Quiz 69: Cardiac disease and neuroanesthesia quiz
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Pregnancy and Neuroanesthesia
- Article: Neuroanesthesia during the COVID pandemic
- Fellow and Resident Audio Corner – SNACC (Neuroanesthesia During the
COVID-19 Pandemic, May 2020)
- Quiz 38: Brain Death
- Article: Brain Death Guidelines Explained (PMID: 25839719)
- Expert Audio Corner (Brain Death, April 2016)
- Neuroanesthetic Emergencies Critical Event Treatment Guides
- Quiz 31: Hemodynamic Complications In Neuroanesthesia
- Quiz 52: Neuroanesthesia Emergency Crisis Management
Supplementary Reading (SNACC Bibliography Collection) *The Bibliography Collection is currently under maintenance.
- Pregnancy and Neuroanesthesia articles
- Brain Death articles