Membership Committee Update
“To Strengthen our SNACC Membership”
By: Jibin Mathew MD, and Fenghua Li MD, FASA
Jibin Mathew MD
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
LSU Health Shreveport
Fenghua Li MD, FASA
Professor, Vice Chair for Quality Assurance, Director of Anesthesiology Research
Department of Anesthesiology
Norton College of Medicine – SUNY Upstate Medical University
We hope this newsletter finds you in good health and spirits. As the Membership Committee of SNACC, we want to take this opportunity to update you on our recent activities and plans.
Our goal is to create a vibrant and engaged community of neuroanesthesiology and neurocritical care professionals and to provide value to our members through education, networking, and collaboration. We recognize that the past few years have presented many challenges for our members and the community at large, and we are committed to finding new ways to support and engage our community.
One of our primary objectives this year is to increase the visibility of SNACC. We believe that by raising awareness of our organization and the important work that we do, we can attract new members and expand our community. In addition to increasing visibility, we are also focused on providing exclusive value to our members. We recognize that our members are busy professionals with demanding schedules, and we want to ensure that their investment in our organization is well worth it. Another important aspect of our strategy this year is outreach to potential members. We believe that there are many practitioners out there who would benefit from being part of our community, but who may not be aware of our organization. To address this, we will be reaching out to other professional societies to promote the benefits of joining SNACC.
Of course, none of these initiatives would be possible without a strong and engaged community. To that end, we are committed to fostering a sense of community among our members. This includes facilitating networking opportunities and providing a forum for members to share their experiences and expertise.
We recognize the importance of diversity and inclusivity within our community. We believe that by promoting diversity, we can better serve our members and advance the field of neuroanesthesiology and neurocritical care. To that end, we will be actively seeking out opportunities to engage with members from developing and underrepresented countries.
With this issue of the newsletter, we are excited to launch the New Member Highlight Reel, where we get to know more about our new members. We encourage all new members to contact us if you would like your profile to be included in the future.
New Member Highlight Reel
Dr. Christian Bohringer
Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology
UC Davis Medical Center
District-1 Director for the California Society of Anesthesiology
Dr. Christian Bohringer is a professor of clinical anesthesiology at UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento, CA and has been working there for 22 years. Before that, he worked at the John Hunter Hospital in Newcastle, Australia. He is currently at the helm of the neuroanesthesiology team at the trauma center, where there is a very active spine surgery program.
- How did you come to know about SNACC? I found out about SNACC from Dr. Ayrian
- What are your favorite membership benefits / What are your expectations from the society? I am looking forward to learning more about neuroanesthesiology and what others are doing.
- Favorite quote or mantra for life – “Don’t ask others to do things that you would not be prepared to do yourself.”
Dr. Cecilia U Mendoza-Popoca
Neuroanesthesiologist, Mexico City, Mexico
- How did you come to know about SNACC? I found out about the SNACC through the Journal, which I like very much.
- What are your favorite membership benefits / What are your expectations from the society? Having access to the same journal is my favorite benefit.
- Favorite quote or mantra for life – “May you live your life as if the maxim of your actions were to become universal law.” – I Kant.
Dr. Mario Suárez-Morales
Neuroanesthesiologist, Mexico City, Mexico
- How did you come to know about SNACC? I learned about SNACC through the journal.
- What are your favorite membership benefits / What are your expectations from the society? My favorite benefit is the opportunity to have access to the electronic journal. I love it.
- Favorite quote or mantra for life – “Happiness is a virtue, not its reward” -B Spinoza