The 2022 Distinguished Service Award was presented to Karen Domino, MD
The Distinguished Service award is reserved for SNACC members who have made outstanding contributions to the field of Neurosciences in Anesthesiology and Critical Care and to this Society. Nomination must be made by an active member of SNACC; self-nominations are not accepted. The Nomination Committee strongly recommends that nominators consider both national and international peer recognition of the potential awardee and focus their supporting statement on sustained accomplishments in areas of clinical advancement, scientific research, scholarly activities, and education/training. Prior leadership positions within and outside of SNACC impacting advancement of neuroanesthesiology/neuroscience, professionalism of the individual and their stature as a mentor should be emphasized in the nomination. The nominee should demonstrate commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and should be a SNACC members for at least 10 years. Specific importance will be given to length of professional service after completing the postgraduate training in choosing the candidate for this award. Current members of Executive Committee or the Board of Directors of SNACC will not be eligible for the award.
Nominations should include a biographical sketch of the nominee, and a minimum of two paragraphs outlining the nominee’s contributions to the field of perioperative neuroscience and the outstanding features of their service to SNACC and/or other relevant professional societies. In addition to the nomination, supporting letters from two additional SNACC members who support the nomination should be provided.
Recipients of these awards will receive:
- A plaque of recognition presented at the SNACC Annual Meeting.
- Recognition on the SNACC website.
- Recognition in the SNACC Annual Meeting reports published in the SNACC Newsletter.
- 2021, George A. Mashour, MD, PhD
- 2020 Antoun Koht, MD
- 2019 W. Andrew Kofke, MD, MBA, FCCM
- 2018 Gregory J. Crosby, MD
- 2017 Elizabeth A. Frost, MD
- 2016 Arthur Lam, MD, FRCPC, FNCS
- 2015 John C. Drummond, MD, FRCPC
- 2014 William L. Lanier, Jr., MD
- 2013 not awarded
- 2012 not awarded
- 2011 David Warner, MD
- 2010 Adrian W. Gelb, MBBCh
- 2009 Michael M. Todd, MD
- 2005-08 not awarded
- 2004 James E Cottrell, MD
- 2003 John D Michenfelder, MD
- 2002 Harvey M Shapiro, MD
- 2001 Maurice Albin, MD